Programming is where it’s at, and NFCB’s 2019 conference has many sessions for you on content.
The 2019 Community Media Conference takes place June 18-20, in San Diego. Organized in four tracks — engagement, content, revenue, and organizational capacity – the content track will give you inspiration and resources to take home with you.
Programming oriented sessions include:
- Painting Pictures With Sound. Award-winning journalist Dale Willman brings a wealth of production, journalism and visioning experience to the table for this hands-on intensive. He’ll work with you on the mechanics of preparing for an interview, the basics of making the recordings of the interview, and then the preparing of material for editing, and finally, editing. You’ll leave with a new toolbox of skills, trial access to Hindenburg software, and fresh knowledge from a distinguished journalist for creating strong programming.
- Building a Morning Drivetime Show for the Health of Your Station. In this session, Ken Freedman will offer dos and don’ts for programming a formatted morning drive-time show. You’ll learn how to build audience and introduce new listeners to your overall programming schedule. Start your daily programming out with mojo and see what a difference it can make.
- Music Rights and Licensing. Two of the smartest experts in this area, SoundExchange’s Director of License Management, Travis Ploeger, and Eva Papp of Spinitron, will present the regulations in a clear and understandable fashion, and field your questions about this perplexing area of radio.
- Trust, Ethics and Community Media. Hear from NPR’s Public Editor, Elizabeth Jensen, about how your organization can examine listener concerns and issues of trust, and interact with them about the complicated ethical decisions that have taken center stage in our media saturated world.
- Community Radio Podcasting. This multifaceted discussion will include discussions on content generation, platforms, and suggestions on how to launch and sustain podcasts.
And more. See the full schedule here.
Only a few days remain until the close of early bird registration. This is the best conference rate available. You can register for the 2019 conference here.