Date Submitted: February 15, 2023
Job Title: WDVX Development Director
Location: Knoxville, TN
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000 per year plus 15% commission on collected underwriting support
WDVX Development Director
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Knoxville, TN (Non-Remote)
WDVX is an independent, listener-supported community public radio station and roots music is what we’re all about. Our broadcast license is held by 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization the Cumberland Communities Communications Corporation. WDVX broadcasts at 200 watts on 89.9 MHz and is licensed to the City of Clinton, TN. We serve counties in the Cumberland Mountains and the Great Valley of East Tennessee. Our main transmitter is atop Cross Mountain in Campbell County, TN. We also broadcast in Knoxville at 102.9 from translator W275AD and in the Seymour area at 93.9 on translator W230BR. The station has studios in Knoxville, TN & Norris, TN. WDVX offers our listeners a variety of specialty shows featuring music you can’t hear anywhere else.
WDVX is seeking a highly motivated Development Director who will manage and oversee all fundraising activities for station including fundraising drives, manage grants and recruit new non-profit and business support. The Development Director will represent the station in the community and set the tone for the station’s overall funding efforts.
This is a strong opportunity to build on the future of a very established regional community radio station with a strong worldwide brand.
This is a high profile position with the director attending community and business events and working with General Manager, staff and volunteers on a daily basis to construct and implement station operating strategy.
- Develop fundraising strategies encompassing fund drives, underwriting and grant writing
- Complete and submit grant applications and research and identify new grant opportunities
- Manage grant audits and required reporting including Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Knoxville Tourism Consortium, Tennessee Arts Commission, City of Knoxville and Downtown Knoxville Alliance
- Manage all fundraising campaigns
- Seek financial underwriting support from local businesses and develop strategies for increasing underwriting revenues
- Actively represent WDVX in the greater East Tennessee Community and beyond
- Meet with community groups regularly, identify new donor prospects and cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- Work with our staff, volunteers and interns to create and sustain a team atmosphere and good working chemistry
- A minimum of five years experience in the not for profit fundraising community
- Strong leadership and relationship-building, oral and written communication skills
- Social Media and marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, broadcasting or other related degree
- Salary Range: $40-$50,000 per year plus 15% commission on collected underwriting support
- Bonuses for meeting and exceeding fundraising and grant revenue goals
- 75% of health and insurance covered, plus Vanguard Simple IRA with 3% employer matching available after one year
Send resume and letter to General Manager Tony Lawson at email@example.com
WDVX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WDVX complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the station has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Send required application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address application materials to: Tony Lawson