Community radio has many stations carrying on the legacy.
This weekend and on Jan. 15, 2018, the day America honors Martin Luther King, make time to enjoy remarkable community radio at America’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
If you’re not sure where to start, here’s a short, not-nearly-complete playlist:
- WEAA | stream: Baltimore’s institution for jazz, talk, soul and more recently celebrated 40 years. Its weekday mix of community conversation and music is sure to be a great start to your holiday. Tune in throughout the day.
- WNCU | stream: Featuring two full channels of jazz and community, the award-winning North Carolina staple is sure to boost your holiday.
- KPVU | stream: The longtime HBCU provides music and conversation to Southeast Texas.
- WVAS | stream: Alabama’s legendary HBCU offers a variety mix rooted in community music, news and public affairs.
- WSNC | stream: The will offer a mix of world music, jazz and local community affairs for listeners, as it provides its service to the community.
As a medium lifting up local voices, community radio is worth your time today and every day. Join us as we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. together.