Date Submitted: August 10, 2022
Job Title: Grants Manager
Location: Duluth, MN
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $42,000-$62,000
Duluth Superior Area Educational Television Corporation, dba WDSE
Seeks a Professional Grant Manager
JOB TITLE: Grants Manager
SUPERVISOR: President & General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, Exempt or Part-time Non-Exempt
It is the mission of WDSE to illuminate, inspire and enrich lives to strengthen community. We do this through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives. To advance this work, WDSE seeks an experienced Grants Manager to support the organization’s annual foundation giving program and related strategies. A successful candidate will bring a passion for public media and for WDSE’s mission for developing, funding and reporting on impactful services on all of our platforms: on air through television and radio, as well as online, and in the community.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Depending on the right candidate, this could be a part time or full-time position. If full-time, this role is eligible for an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and employee life insurance, 403(b) retirement matching, paid annual leave, and sick leave.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of WDSE’s history, programs, vision, and strategic plan as well as financial needs.
- Cohere WDSE vision and mission with potential funders, including government organizations, private foundations, corporate foundations, family foundations and other granting resources.
- Based on strategic priorities, the Grant Manager will work as a cooperative, team-oriented colleague across departments.
- Conducting interviews and research both internally and externally to identify grant opportunities.
- Analyze the feasibility of the project’s budget, adhere to guidelines given by the grantor, as well as the organizer or project leader.
- Write grants that display meticulous grammar.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing funders.
- Maintain organized records using WDSE WRPT’s CRM and other internal tracking systems including progress reports, demonstrating use of funds and program outcomes, for funding organizations as well as WDSE’s general manager.
- Advance organization’s ability to create, capture and demonstrate the impact the funding has had on the populations the station serves.
- Regularly proofread communications/publications for improved clarity and accuracy, and to correct any spelling or grammatical errors.
- Contribute copy to and proofread WDSE’s publication, This Month, a mailed monthly magazine. Provide additional support as needed.
- Contribute to the development of WDSE’s annual report.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary and congruent with the job description.
- 3+ years of proven success in grant and proposal writing for nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to monitor and meet income goals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects.
- Ability to write clear, compelling, and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Research Experience.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work well with a variety of personalities and varying organizational dynamics.
- Comfortable managing deadlines, prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment and producing quality results with great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with online databases, funding resources, and other sources for prospect research.
- Ability to communicate confidently with funders through in-person meetings, video conferencing, in writing, and over the phone.
- Affinity for basic office computer programs with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Familiarity with regional program grant officers and foundations.
- Experience in project/initiative collaboration with other regional nonprofits service organizations.
- Experience with public media and a strong passion for commitment to WDSE’s mission.
- Flexible work schedule for occasional evenings and weekends. Ability to attend WDSE’s events as well as other important community functions and galas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a bachelor’s in Journalism, Digital Storytelling, or a similar subject.
- This position requires 3-5 years of successful experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, verbal communication, nonverbal communication, using computer screens, and occasional travel.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name, Grants Manager. In addition, visit the http://wdse.org website to download an application to submit with resume, cover letter and writing samples.
WDSE is an equal employment opportunity employer. WDSE does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Send required application materials to: email@example.com
Address application materials to: WDSE Hiring Committee