Summits are back by popular demand
These high-quality, low-cost gatherings fit your station’s budget and celebrate localism, a key value of community radio. Focused on optimizing revenue, engagement, content and organizational capacity, NFCB’s Regional Summits are member exclusive gatherings aimed at helping you work smart to accomplish great things for your community.
The Circle of Engagement: A Strategy for Leading Change
The Circle of Engagement is an organizing schema that the National Federation of Community Broadcasters uses to help stations lead organizational change . NFCB’s 2018 Regional Summits are organized around the Circle of Engagement model as well.
- Content drives engagement
- Engagement drives development
- Increased revenue expands innovation and creativity in content
- Organizational capacity sustains progress over time
2018 Summit Details
Summits are not conferences, here’s what you need to know:
- Summits aren’t tied to expensive hotels. We’ll provide a range of suggested options so you can choose what fits your budget. No room blocks, the pressure is off.
- Lots of time to network with your peers. Thursday evening events, 30-minute break, lunch served on-site with plenty of time and no program while you’re eating, Friday night out on the town with your peers, and lots of time for brainstorming.
- Have breakfast when and where you want. We’ll be ready for you at 9 a.m.
- Summits are member exclusive and space is limited. You must be pre-registered to attend. We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
- Lifting up localism. We are meeting in community spaces and welcomed by local host stations.
- The bios speak for themselves. Our workshop presenters have expertise and know how to share it to engage you.
- Each summit is unique. Check each event page (Grand Rapids, Charlottesville, Santa Rosa) for details.
- The Saturday Leadership Seminar is specifically designed for station leaders who want to optimize their organization’s performance. It is optional, no extra cost, and, if you do not want to attend, all summit locations offer lots of fun for your weekend.
- Registration is affordable. Thanks to Wyncote Foundation for their generous support.
NFCB’s signature Community Media Conference will be back in the summer of 2019.