February 8, 2024
Job Title: Development Director
Station: WTIP North Shore Community Radio
Location: Grand Marais, MN 55604
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
Salary Range: 45,000+
Grand Marais, Minnesota’s award-winning WTIP North Shore Community Radio WTIP North Shore Community Radio seeks a Development Director to ensure the financial success of this essential source for local news, education and entertainment. This key team member is responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive successful fundraising programs and requires in person collaboration with team and community members.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead cohesive strategies for on-air membership drives.
- Oversee member outreach strategies, new member acquisition and retention, planned giving, major donor support, and capital campaigns.
- Foster business relationships and partnering within the community.
- Build and maintain key donor relationships.
- Manage station marketing plan with creativity and innovation.
- Successfully research, write and manage project-specific grant proposals.
- Oversee station merchandise planning and design.
- Act as the primary point of contact for donor needs and concerns.
- The development director, as with every WTIP team member, will be asked to perform additional duties to ensure the success of the station.
- Fundraising experience strongly desired; applicable experience will be considered.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Time management skills; prioritization, flexibility and adaptability.
- Proficiency with software and tools including: Microsoft Office Suite, Customer Management Software (CMS), graphic design software, email marketing programs.
- Innovative, organized team member who will inspire donors, listeners and staff.
About the Station
WTIP is based in Grand Marais, located in Cook County, Minnesota on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Neighboring the communities of Lutsen, Tofte, Schroeder, the Gunflint Trail and the Grand Portage Ojibwe Nation, WTIP has served this unique and diverse region since 1998. Grand Marais, recognized as one of the most desirable small towns in America, is a hub of activity, where opportunities for residents and visitors include participation in a community that is rich in multi-cultural history and the arts. It is where you can connect with the outdoors, through sailing and fishing on Lake Superior, canoeing in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, hiking the Superior Hiking trail, or exploring a multitude of trails for biking, snowmobiling, cross country and alpine skiing. To learn more about our area go to visitcookcounty.com.
An independent, community-owned radio station, WTIP is a cornerstone media outlet committed to high-journalism standards, truthful and balanced local news reporting, uplifting community voices and providing entertainment to our growing community of listeners.
Pay and Benefits
Position is full time, Monday through Friday with possible weekends during special events. Salary based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance and SIMPLE IRA.
WTIP complies with the new Minnesota’s Earned Safe and Sick Time (ESST) law regarding paid time off, sick and vacation days.
WTIP does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor.
Please submit resume and questions
Send required application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address application materials to: Matthew Brown