February 8, 2024
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Station: WTIP North Shore Community Radio
Location: Grand Marais, MN
Deadline to Apply: February 23, 2024
Salary Range: 41,000
WTIP North Shore Community Radio
Award winning WTIP North Shore Community Radio seeks administrative assistant facilitating the day-to-day operations, bookkeeping and computer tasks. This key, team-oriented contributor, reports to the Executive Director and supports development, finance and production teams and requires in person collaboration with team and community members.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide welcoming customer service by answering phones, greeting in-person guests, and responding to email inquiries.
- Provide accurate, timely administrative support to on-air and home recording hosts.
- Organize financial documents, accounts receivable/payable and credit card reconciliation, State of MN grant reporting, payroll support, etc.
- Produce twice-weekly email newsletter for listeners and members.
- Coordinate with Development team to successfully execute duties for on-air membership drives.
- Work with host and volunteer and their program descriptions to promote programming via website, social media, and on-air messages.
- Assist staff members with donor and business accounts to ensure their accounts and information are kept up to date.
- Provide general office support to all staff.
- Order and maintain office supply inventory.
- The administrative assistant, as with every WTIP team member, will be asked to perform additional duties to ensure the success of the station.
- Superb written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Editing and proofreading abilities.
- Creative self-starter and inspiring team member.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Successfully interacts with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated time management; skills and flexibility.
- Proficiency with software and tools including: Microsoft Office Suite, Customer Management Software (CMS), graphic design software, email marketing programs and social media platforms.
About the Station
WTIP is based in Grand Marais, located in Cook County, Minnesota on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Neighboring the communities of Lutsen, Tofte, Schroeder, the Gunflint Trail and the Grand Portage Ojibwe Nation, WTIP has served this unique and diverse region since 1998. Grand Marais is a hub of activity, where opportunities for residents and visitors include participation in a community that is rich in multi-cultural history and the arts. It is where you can connect with the outdoors, through sailing and fishing on Lake Superior, canoeing in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, hiking the Superior Hiking trail, or exploring a multitude of trails for biking, snowmobiling, cross country and alpine skiing.
An independent, community-owned radio station, WTIP is a cornerstone media outlet committed to high-journalism standards, truthful and balanced local news reporting, uplifting community voices and providing entertainment to our growing community of listeners.
Position is full time, Monday thru Friday with possible weekends during special events. Salary based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance and SIMPLE IRA.
WTIP complies with the new Minnesota’s Earned Safe and Sick Time (ESST) law regarding paid time off, sick and vacation days.
WTIP does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor.
Please submit resume and questions by February 23, 2024 to
Send required application materials to: email@example.com
Address application materials to: Matthew Brown