If your community radio station wants to boost fundraising, NFCB offers many revenue panels at the 2019 conference.
The 2019 Community Media Conference takes place June 18-20, in San Diego. Organized in four tracks — engagement, content, revenue, and organizational capacity – the lessons you will get will help your station.
Revenue sessions include:
- Harvesting the Fruits of the Giving Tree – Major Gifts and Revenue Planning. This intensive will delve into the language of major giving, the development cycle and how major gifts work in your pipeline, and how to apply strategies you may already have in your annual giving efforts. And you’ll get to build a case for support and learn how to make the ask in a real-time exercise and practice opportunity.
- A Primer on On-Air Fundraising, featuring tips for improving pledge drives and other broadcast fundraising. Greater Public’s Melanie Coulson will take attendees through proven best practices, as well as reliable tips for how to organize efficiently and create effective messaging.
- Raising Your Annual Budget (A Practical, Group Exercise), an interactive look at finances for community radio. Attendees will be able to leave the session with a realistic, customized plan that fits the needs and taps the abilities of the people who make the revenue stream happen at your station.
- Building a Successful Underwriting Program. In this interactive session, Beverly James from Greater Public will share how to learn from your own past performance in order to improve future outcomes. Bring your data and learn what it’s trying to tell you!
- Harnessing the Power of In-Kind Underwriting. How do you identify the sort of in-kind gifts you want and need? Which practices and rules are important to be aware of? Join KWMR’s Mia Johnson for a lively conversation about the power of in-kind contributions and the leverage you can gain using them strategically.
And more. See the full schedule here.
Only ten days remain until the close of early bird registration. This is the lowest conference rate available. You can register for the 2019 conference here.